The Thanksgiving holiday seems to be overshadowed more and more each year, as Black Friday mania pushes us into the Christmas shopping season earlier and earlier. I know, I know. We’re guilty as charged with starting winter holiday content early this year. But in an effort to give Thanksgiving its proper dues, we’re paying tribute to flavors like pumpkin, sweet potato, cinnamon, apple and pecan once more today. I mean seriously, is there any reason to rush past something as amazing as toasted marshmallow frosting? Or caramel drizzled mocha? I think not! Here are 10 of our favorite flavors around the holiday.
1. Sweet Potato Soufflé Cupcakes. Fluffy cupcakes inspired by the traditional Thanksgiving side dish with a touch of pineapple, cinnamon, marshmallow and pecans.
2. Caramel Mocha Cupcakes. A coffee flavored cupcake with caramel frosting and caramel drizzled on top!
3. Baileys Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Moist pumpkin cupcakes topped with silky smooth buttercream frosting spiked with a splash of Baileys Pumpkin Spice and rolled in chopped pecans.
4. Classic Pumpkin Cupcakes. Easy pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, made from scratch — one of our most popular cupcake recipes ever!
5. Kahlua Crunch Cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes spiked with Kahlua and topped with frosting marbled with chocolate ganache.
6. Apple Butter Cupcakes. A delicious cupcake with apple butter in both the cupcake and frosting for lots of great apple flavor.
7. Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes. Pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon, allspice, ginger and vanilla — topped with homemade whipped cream and pie crust cutouts.
8. Caramel Bourbon Cupcakes. Brown sugar bourbon cupcakes topped with caramel vanilla frosting and drizzled with caramel.
9. Butterscotch Cupcakes. Brown sugar cupcakes brushed with a rum syrup and topped with whipped mascarpone frosting drizzled with butterscotch sauce and toffee bits.
10. Toasted Butter Pecan Cupcakes. Moist vanilla cupcakes studded with plenty of toasted butter pecans and topped with a lightly cinnamon frosting for a cupcake that’s ready for fall.